Whatsoever a Man Soweth…
"Whatsoever a Man Soweth…"
|Hearts of Stone|
Temple of Lilvani
|136 & Iris or|
102 plus choice:
|Scenes From a Marriage|
Whatsoever a Man Soweth… is the final main quest in the Hearts of Stone expansion. In this quest, Geralt must decide whether or not to save Olgierd von Everec from Gaunter O'Dimm. The choice he makes results in the apparent death of one or the other.
If Geralt lets Gaunter O'Dimm have Olgierd's soul, the witcher may choose from several rewards by answering as follows:
- Wanna be as swift as the wind. (Reward: Caparison of Lament)
- Never wanna go hungry again. (Reward: Horn of Plenty)
- A bottle of vodka that's always full. (Reward: Bottomless carafe)
- Make me rich. (Reward: 5000 )
- Don't want anything from you. (Reward: 102 )
- Wanna know where Ciri is. (Reward: Information to guarantee a happy ending in the game, provided some wrong choices have not already been made.)
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Having completed all of Olgierd von Everec's wishes, Geralt went to the Alchemy Inn, where he was to meet with the ataman's representative...
- If Geralt follows the optional quest path and talks to Shani:
- With Shani's help, Geralt was able to enter the Academy grounds and speak to a certain Professor Shakeslock, who had earlier helped Olgierd in his attempts to break the pact with Master Mirror. The professor revealed that O'Dimm can be cheated – one need simply propose a wager, and, as an inveterate gambler, he might just agree to take you up on it.
- If Geralt chooses to save Olgierd:
- Geralt took Professor Shakeslock's advice and proposed a wager to Master Mirror. Mirror agreed, but only if it was played out on his terms. He transported Geralt to a strange, dark world and made him solve a riddle. Geralt, who has always had a keen mind for such puzzles, soon found the solution and defeated Gaunter O'Dimm. Was this the last our world will ever see of him? No man can say...
- What mattered most at the moment, however, was that Olgierd von Everec was safe, and the pact which had bound him had been dissolved.
- If Geralt chooses to leave Olgierd's fate to Gaunter O'Dimm:
- Geralt decided not to dispute the arrangement between Gaunter O'Dimm and Olgierd. The pact was fulfilled, and Olgierd's life came to an end.
Gaunter O'Dimm's Riddle[edit | edit source]
- To all things and men I appertain, and yet by some am shunned and disdained.
- Fondle and ogle me, till you're insane, but no blow can harm me, cause me pain.
- Children delight in me, elders take fright, fair maids rejoice and spin.
- Cry, and I weep, yawn, and I sleep, smile, and I shall grin.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Meet Olgierd's man at the Alchemy Inn
- (Optional) Talk to Shani at her home
- (Optional) Follow Shani to the Academy
- (Optional) Enter the Academy grounds
- (Optional) Enter Professor Shakeslock's house
- Meet Olgierd at the Temple of Lilvani
Geralt does not help Olgierd: (102 )
Geralt decides to help Olgierd:
- Find the solution to Master Mirror's riddle (in the puzzle world created by Gaunter O'Dimm)
Note[edit | edit source]
- Geralt earns some extra taking out drowners at the beach (3×13 ), and the witch hunters (4×6 ) on the Academy grounds when playing the optional side quest.
- Talking Professor Shakeslock should give Geralt additional options when confronting Gaunter O'Dimm towards the end of the quest line.